Nikkei Senior Gardens opened in January of 2009. Though it was beautiful and new, residents and staff soon found the need for improvements to make it a comfortable home. The Oya Koko Foundation, Friends of Nikkei Senior Gardens, a 501(c)3 non-profit, was created to raise contributions for the needed improvements for the assisted care home.
All funds raised are used exclusively for the improvement of Nikkei Senior Gardens.
Completed Projects include:
- Solar screening of skylight in main dining hall
- Installation of automatic doors in entry, patio, and building 5
- Walking path, with shaded trellis
- Orchard walkway with benches
- Window shades in dining room and nurse’s station
- Chair scale
- Dining room chairs for memory support unit
- Added sidewalk path in central garden
- Enhanced security system and additional security cameras installed